Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013

Gluten free Mini Chocolate donuts

That new mini donut maker has been begging for me to use it. I started with these two recipes:

GF buttermilk donuts

Chocolate Chip donuts

The first recipe is a roll out donut recipe and I need a dough that is thick but fluid for my mini donut maker. What I used from this recipe is the gluten free flour mixture. I will doctor up the recipe in the coming weeks to put into my mini donut maker, but for now, I am using the mixture for my new donut recipe.

The second recipe I made with white wheat flour and took it to work for the guys for coffee in the morning. They said they were good but a bit on the dry side. So I substituted greek yogourt for the milk and added a bit of rice milk so I could pipe it from a baggie into the mini donut maker. Success!

All my recipes, I substitute the fat (ie butter, margarine, sunflower oil) for extra virgin olive oil that comes in a dark glass container. I've read that if you buy the olive oil in a clear glass container it goes rancid. Olive oil is a healthy fat and so I can make the donuts a bit healthier by doing this.

So here is my GF tweaked donut recipe:

GF Chocolate Mini Donuts

1 1/2 cups of GF flour mix
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
9 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup sour cream or yogourt or soya yogourt
1 egg
3 heaping teaspoons of cocoa
1/2 cup of rice milk or almond milk or cow's milk

Start heating your mini donut maker.

Mix all together in a bowl until well moistened, do not over mix. Pour mixture into a plastic bag, I use a large baggie. Cut off the corner of the baggie (small cut) so that you can use it to pipe the batter into your mini donut maker. Open your heated mini donut maker and spray with cooking spray sparingly. Pipe your batter into each mini donut mold and fill almost even with the bottom half of the mold. Close the lid and put your timer on for 6 minutes.


Once done, remove from the machine and pipe in the next batch.


This recipe makes 24 mini donuts. Time from start to finish, 35 minutes.

Chocolate icing can be added and the recipe is in the second link, the Chocolate Chip donuts recipe.

We ate the first two batches of warm freshly dipped donuts. They were awesome! As soon as the donut maker cools off, I will wipe it clean and dry it with a soft cloth ready for the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment