Translate

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Home made Strawberry Ice Cream!

 I took out my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for a spin this week. I made a batch of Coconut Milk Strawberry Ice Cream and took it to work to share with my co-workers. They could barely detect the coconut taste from the milk I used and the following picture was all that was left after everyone had helped themselves to a large bowl. There's no cooking involved and it's delicious!
I found a recipe on the web and then I fixed it to suit my liking. Originally, it was Raspberry Ice cream but I made strawberry ice cream instead.

Raspberry Ice Cream Link

So this is what I used to make my ice cream:

2 cans full fatted coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups of half thawed frozen  whole strawberries, mashed
1/2 cup brown sugar

I mixed all the ingredients together and put them into the frozen bowl of my Cuisinart. Turned on my machine and twenty minutes later, we were eating!

No cooking, no fuss, no muss. Super Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment